On 2014-01-17 10:10 PM, Kaz Kylheku <k...@kylheku.com> wrote:
Your vehemence against private replies is bizarre and baffling.

Surprisingly, I'm in agreement with Noel (I generally don't see his posts unless someone quotes him)...

What you seem to fail to be grasping is, we are saying that on PUBLIC DISCUSSION lists, the DEFAULT behavior should be to reply to the list, as that facilitates the purpose of the list: PUBLIC DISCUSSION.

I didn't see anything in Noels post discouraging replying privately when it is appropriate.

That said, while my own personal preference would be that all lists would NOT munge the Reply-To' headers and all list participants would then use the 'Reply' or 'Reply-To-List' buttons as appropriate, the sad fact is, the large majority of people using discussion lists will simply never 'get it'.