On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 07:54 +1100, Ben Schmidt wrote:

> Hey! I like lists without Reply-To set. I don't think they're braindead,

We need to agree to disagree Ben :)

> However, your point is valid. If you *really* want to keep all
> discussion public for a list, Reply-To is a way to achieve this. It
> makes private replies very difficult, which might be what you want.

geez even linux can do copy and paste ya know :)

> It does cause a few problems, though. One is that authors can't set the
> Reply-To header the way they want to (and, as was pointed out earlier,
> they standardly have the 'right' to set that header).

Agree

> Arguably, direct replies also cause problems. For example, the Reply
> List button, which as I said earlier, is in a lot of ways my "go to"
> button for lists, has problems with those--direct replies don't go via
> the list, so don't have a List-Post header, and Reply List doesn't work.
> I need to use Reply All, which sends both to the list and the individual
> I'm replying to. That's often OK, though, because they replied to me in
> that fashion. Nevertheless, it's not always what I want, so sometimes
> some manual adjustment is in order.

evolutions ctrl-l (reply list) is a force of habit here, regardless of
what the reply setting are, I find it faster to use than clicking on
reply/reply-all anyway

> (2) I think it only applies to some
> lists; others are not like usenet.

Thankfully :)

> Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, no solution is perfect. I think there

+1

> are uses for Reply List, I use it regularly in Thunderbird, and I don't
> think it's confusing or see any other reason to exclude it. Sure, it's
> not necessary, but it's not harmful, either. Consequently, I would like
> to see it in RoundCube also. Please consider my vote cast. I've laid out

I have no problems with this and would not object if it was to be a
function, although i personally rarely use webmail, I guess if asked,
I would vote FOR this feature too.

Noel