Le 19/09/2018 à 09:03, amonm...@laas.fr a écrit :
Le 18/09/2018 à 20:53, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
Hello Philippe,

Great to hear from you,

Le 18/09/2018 à 19:26, philippe a écrit :
Le 17/09/2018 à 19:03, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
Do I have to conclude that the implementation is currently so incoherent
that *nobody* uses integer types in Scilab (other than Scilab code
itself) ?
it's a new feature, I would have like to use it  before ... I've build
my own solution and now I just need time replace it with int64.

For mixed int/double expression I expect to get the best floating point
approximation as a result.
and for int/int ?
For me, this should be int, to be consistent with most of the languages I use.
Can you precise the languages (besides C and C++) ?
So 3.0/4.0=0.75 but 3/4=0.
But maybe getting a rational would make more sense?
Here are some links to interesting discussions to help getting one :

https://docs.julialang.org/en/v0.6.1/manual/conversion-and-promotion/
https://fr.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/18222-arithmetic-promotion-floating-point-to-integer
https://fr.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/36773-why-float-no-become-integer
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2425251/how-do-i-get-real-integer-overflows-in-matlab-octave/2430278#2430278