It is actually not easy to detect an unused method due inheritance and
polymorphism since the class of the instance you use is determined at
runtime.

If you have some time to spend you can either search the web (there are many
static source code analyzers out there and tell us your findings!!) or use a
code profiler such as CLOVER or JProbe .

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl