Berin Loritsch wrote:
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

Nooo... I think users of such a tool would accept to write by hand the methods that should be considered as entry-points to the package!

I am not advocating that this project build such an animal. All I am saying is that when you have every piece as truly isolated as possible, you can't authoritatively tell what is used and not used unless you run it in the application.

You can manually define certain interfaces to be the "entry-points" for
a set of components, but what if one of the methods on the interface is
never called once in the system?

There is no ideal solution.

Well, if you're developing a component, you choose to make it public or not... it's about the same choice...

Paul