Where do most maven developers place generated files (ex: xdoclet)?
I've been developing a maven project for the past 6 months and have been
dumping all generated files into 'target' to avoid saving into CVS.  Now,
with over 200 generated classes, and little change, I'd like to avoid having
xdoclet run EACH java:compile.  So, here are my two options as I see them:

1.  create a separate subproject, and have the generated interfaces saved in
src/java to "appease" maven.  Add a task into maven.xml to regenerate the
classes only when needed.

2.  save the files in src/java-gen (or something like that), and modify
maven.xml to add that location to the maven.src.path (is that the right
property?).

what do others do out there?

Ryan