Hi all,

My quick feedback:

Recently we decided to migrate our entire 300 C++ project to maven.
Our project is platform independent (~) between windows-msvc and linux-gcc.

We use the nar plugin because we wanted a single pom.xml to describe a c++
project whatever the output (dll, so ...) and this plugin seemed more
functional.
Yes, this plugin had lot bug but we worked to fix them through patch from us or
from nar forum (Rest In Peace!!)
Now it works well, really well.

The main problem of maven with c++ building is the platform abstraction. Maven
was built for java project and they only need to build one binary for all
platforms.
In C++ with the same code, you need to build one binary for each platform.
Worst, you need to build on each platform to generate the good binary.

This last point gives us lot of work.

Just to finish with a positive note, our C++ developer was impressed by the
dependency management of maven (none of the pure c++ tool builders has this
news feature)

Regards,

Vincent Hardion