Jan Wedel wrote at Dienstag, 18. August 2009 09:40:

> So, you just have to include the DUMMY part, but the resulting file name
> does not include it?

Actually it does, but it's the name of the library type: jni, shared or
static. So your repo will contain in the end:

com/acme/demo/1.0/demo-dll-1.0.pom
com/acme/demo/1.0/demo-dll-1.0-x86-Windows-msvc-shared.pom

I cannot remember exactly what was the problem using the real name of the
part, but the nar:unpack simply needs this 4th part. IIRC according the
docs you should only specify the AOL part as classifier, but it fails then.

> Anyhow, as you have some experience in studying the code, what would you
> say how difficult is it to include a new compiler that is not currently
> supported by the nar? I read that NAR is using the ant cpptasks for
> calling the native compilers. Is it just adding a new xml entry
> somewhere or do I have to modify the plugin itself?

Well, when I looked into the code it was some older release of the plugin
(2.0-alpha-7). In the later versions the compiler support has been
completely refactored, so I cannot say much anymore. We're actually using a
private version 2.0-beta-10 with the patch of NARPLUGIN-171. However, I
cannot remember currently what that was and JIRA for the plugin seems no
longer available.

- Jörg