if you start measuring artifact quality, it makes sense to break down the stats by groupId

at least that way if I see that java.net has 100% quality for com.stvconsultants.easygloss I can configure my repository manager to allow that group I'd through, but leave org.glassfish out as its quality is only 70%

although I do see assessing quality as requiring at least some human intervention.

but in response to Albert, a 50% score for quality does not translate to everything being crap, only that lots of non-deprecated artifacts have "poor" pom.xml files. there will still be zones of sanity in a poor repo, just as there are zones of insanity in a mostly good repository

Sent from my [rhymes with tryPod] ;-)