Only pointing out that's what people typically do.

On 2009-09-27, at 11:27 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

Mr. Zyl,

Please don't mistake me. I'm on your side of this debate. I am no more
arguing against basic cleanup than I am arguing for trying to get into the business of arbitrating and publishing elaborate metadata about what is
inside or behind the artifacts.

Central should be as clean as possible in a functional sense: the artifacts in it should contain what they claim to contain, have accurate dependencies, etc. A scheme to hang red flags on historical items that have problems is
great.

--benson