Also, if you use WTP in Eclipse, it will work this way. I'd guess that if
you would get it to work, Eclipse would probably build incorrect WAR-files
because it would include the contents of that folder as both resources and
as real web-application.

So, just get used to it, it isn't broken and therefor doesn't need fixing!

Roland