My plugin configuration is the following

<plugin>
      <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>2.7</version>
         <configuration>
             <packaging>war</packaging>
             <useProjectReferences>false</useProjectReferences>
             <wtpversion>2.0</wtpversion>
             <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
         </configuration>
</plugin>

So as you can see, packaging is "war" but /src/main/webapp is not added as a
source. In the .classpath file, the 2 only relevant lines are
  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/java" including="**/*.java"/>
  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/resources"
excluding="**/*.java"/>

but nothing about src/main/webapp

I don't see warSourceDirectory as a maven-eclipse-plugin's property, but
rather maven-war-plugin. How would that have an impact on
maven-eclipse-plugin ?

Thanks

--
Vincent