I don't really think there's a conceptual misunderstanding on my part, since
the format for the CVS URL in the SCM code allows for a "module_name" as part
of the URL, and not in standard URL syntax.

But I take your point.

My basic question of the moment is, who calls putDirectory? Is it called from
the release plugin? It seems to be getting called from the site plugin.

The wagon documentation leaves something to be desired for the unfamiliar
developer. Yes, there are javadocs, but they don't tell you *how* the public
methods and classes are used. I'm trying to figure that out without complaining
too much, or looking at all the code that uses wagons.

-K