I've deployed it to the URL below but it sucks. Seriously, I hacked it with a
chainsaw.

        http://github.com/khuxtable/wagon-gitsite

Actually, there are just a few changes necessary to the wagon-scm necessary to
get it to work with git and site:deploy

1) Don't append the target directory to the repository.

2) Allow specification of the branch or revision information.

The former is a one-line change and would be necessary, I think, for it to work
with CVS anyway.

The latter is pretty simple and would require configuring the scmRevision and
scmRevisionType parameters in the settings.xml file, since parameters on the
command line or the site plugin don't seem to propagate into the wagon.

I'll submit patches for that, but in the spirit of Larry Wall (there's more
than one way to do it) I'll go ahead and work on this and spiff it up.

-K