On 16/08/2010 4:56 AM, Trevor Harmon wrote:
On Aug 16, 2010, at 1:20 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:

Your life would be much easier using a repository manager for your
"internal" repository.  Nexus is almost trivial to set up, for example.
It is trivial to set up *if* you have the necessary permissions to set up the
service. In my case, I'm an independent contractor, and the only server I
personally have access to is from one of those shared hosting providers, and
it's simply not possible to run Jetty or Tanuki in that kind of environment. My
client does have their own servers, but I'd have to make a special request to
get one of their IT guys to set it up for me. So unless you've got root access
to your own server... not trivial.

Find a provider that lets you run your own application.
Put it on a cloud service.
As for internal vs external, there is no difference, you don't need a
repository manager...

Okay, but I'm just not understanding how to configure Maven for that. Sure, I could
set up a<repositories>  element like this:

<repositories>
     <repository>
         <id>central</id>
         <url>http://repo.myserver.com/repository/</url>
     </repository>
</repositories>

And that tells Maven to check the above URL for artifacts before going out to
repo1.maven.org. But it only knows how to download, not upload. How can Maven
put the newly downloaded artifacts into this repository? (I thought that's what
a repository manager is for...)

Trevor

Read the Nexus docs on how to set up a deployment.
In general, your individual settings.xml defines download location since it is usually the same for all your projects and the parent project pom defines the deployment since it might vary depending on the project.

Ron