On Wednesday 15 September 2010 7:26:04 am Anders Hammar wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Jörg's approach is what I was thinking of. The only drawback is
> bad/incorrect metadata (pom packaging). That could be fixed though.
> The nice thing is that this would also work great with a ws registry
> containing wsdl files, which could quite easily be proxied by a repo
> manager as a maven repo.
>
> Any drawback not packing it as a jar that someone could think of?

Some thing to think about:

1) Are the schemas and such referenced in the WSDL completely inlined?
Alternatively, are they fully resolvable address?   If so, attaching the wsdl
works fine.   If not, it get's MUCH more complex as there may be issues
resolving imports/includes and such.

2) What are the "plans" for the WSDL?   CXF's codegen plugin was recently
updated to support specifying a artifact in the repo for code generation.  It
would automatically grab the wsdl and run the wsdl2java stuff on it.  HOWEVER,
the issue in #1 is still an issue.

3) With a "jar", you can have the schema imports and such and  things pretty
much will work with imports and such.

4) The CXF "java2wsdl" maven plugin, which generates inline schema, now has a
flag to attach the wsdl.   In our normal use case that we've seen, the jar
containing the java code is still the primary artifact, but the wsdl gets
attached with a "wsdl" classifier (which then also works great with the
codegen plugin mentioned in 2).

Dan

> /Anders
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:31, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi ANders
> >
> > Anders Hammar wrote:
> > > How do people manage wsdl files in their repo. Do you manage them in a
> >
> > jar
> >
> > > artifact or any other way?
> >
> > Use the build-helper plugin. We manage xsd files as artifacts:
> >
> > ========== %< ==============
> >
> >  <plugin>
> >  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> >  <executions>
> >
> >   <execution>
> >
> >    <id>xml-schema</id>
> >    <goals>
> >
> >     <goal>attach-artifact</goal>
> >
> >    </goals>
> >    <configuration>
> >
> >     <artifacts>
> >
> >      <artifact>
> >
> >       <file>src/main/schema/UserGroup.xsd</file>
> >       <type>xsd</type>
> >
> >      </artifact>
> >
> >     </artifacts>
> >
> >    </configuration>
> >
> >   </execution>
> >
> >  </executions>
> >  </plugin>

> > The packaging type of the project is "pom". We can reference the xsd
> > artifact later as normal dependency with type xsd.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Jörg

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org