On Oct 14, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Frederic Camblor wrote:

> Hi Kenneth !
>
> Drawback of using a Python/YAML like solution is code completion.

But the payoff is you don't need code completion! You just put in a )/}/] or
so, and your code is completed! Any yes, any competent text editor can check
for braces mismatches etc.

I recognize the concern, I just don't see it as valid. I've been programming in
Python for twenty years now. I won't say it's always the case, but in a large
number of cases, the terseness you gain in your code more than offsets things
like code completion, static analysis, etc.

And yes, I specifically intend this to apply to XML. I can't see how moving to
a YAML model would be anything but a win for maven.

Just to let you know I'm not firmly entrenched in one camp, the static analysis
that Scala supplies seems to me to overcome the inherit "benefits" of dynamic
analysis.

Ken