Hi Stephen,

IIRC the appending is controlled by the presence of a / at the end of the URI

if the URI ends with a slash then it will not append the module name in children

if the URI does not end with a slash then it will append the module
name in children

of course I could be mistaken and this might only apply to
/project/url but I thought it also applied to /project/scm/*

you are right. This is indeed the case -- at least with Maven 3.0 (just tested it), although I do recall that it didn't always work like this (see <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3244>, which Luke pointed to.)

That being said, can you comment on what went wrong in your setup? Would be interesting to know why you are so against using properties in /project/scm/*.

Best wishes,

Andreas