On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (snip)
> I have a bash script to update the details on a branch, etc... I am
> looking into the possibility of adding this into the maven-scm-plugin,
> e.g. "mvn scm:infer -Dprovider=svn" of course given that this would
> involve rewriting the pom.xml I'll have to decide how to handle

Yeah, I really like the idea of having an scm:infer.  You definitely
got my vote!

But if it can be inferred while the plugin is running, why exactly
does it need to get written back into the pom?  Of course, I don't
mind it being written into the pom on a tag, and in the pom that goes
to the repo, but in the trunk and branches the whole idea is to not
have it present in there so it is always inferred.

Phillip