Hi Cem,

that example helped a lot, before seening that, I could only guess ...

The solution for Your problem is to set the 'useCache' parameter of the maven-war-plugin to 'true'. Seems like the default value for this parameter changed between the 2 plugin versions.
  <plugin>
    <version>2.1.1</version>
    <!--<version>2.1-beta-1</version>-->
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <phase>prepare-package</phase>
      </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
      <useCache>true</useCache>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

If You execute Your build in debug mode (using the '-X' switch) - once with each plugin version - and pipe the output to different text files, You can simply use a diff editor to analyse the differences between the executions of the plugin versions ...

In Your setup, You could even stick with the 'prepare-package' for the 'war:exploded' execution. If the maven-war-plugin is configured in the same 'build/plugin' configuration BEFORE the maven-replacer-plugin, You can rely on the wanted execution sequence. Normally it's better to use difference life cycle phases, because the execution sequence for plugins wired to the same phase isn't reliable in all cases. As an example, let's assume You'd like to to switch on the replacement only for special cases. To achieve that, You might configure the maven-replacer-plugin in a profile, and Maven wouldn't know which on to execute first, if both are bound to the same phase.

> Also I dont know how did you conclude that I have not enough
> knowledge about lifecycle... Anyway.

You wrote that You "changed Your custom plugin lifecycle to 'process-resources'" instead of the 'war:exploded', which obviously seemed to be the wrong order - as far as I understood what You wanted to achieve. THAT gave me the impression that You weren't aware about the order of the life cycle phases.
Didn't mean to sound rude, but sometimes it's useful to clarify things ...

Kind regards

   Marc