On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> May I ask you a favor and lead me to a document describing how we can make
>> maven using our own ant 1.7.1,
>> as we had changes in ANT 1.7.1 specifically for OpenVMS, those catching
>> logical, and generating a temporary
>> file where all the many hundred arguments being passed today to JAVA / JVM
>> are stored in.
>
> I already told you what to do but here are the complete steps:

Plus, did you try google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=maven+ant+plugin+change+version+of+ant

Some of the steps that Wayne has kindly outlined are not particular to
your problem.
They are the knowledge you need to run Maven effectively at your company.

I highly recommend that you read the freely available books at
http://maven.apache.org/articles.html

We can't wave a magic wand for you to grasp some of the more important
and complicated concepts.
Your going to have to help us by helping yourself first.

Additionally, if you think these steps are important and not well
documented, I invite you to document them for the benefit of others.
As a user you should have access to
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Home
But I think the best option would be to write the documentation into
the Ant plugin and provide a patch.