On 20.10.2011, at 00:21, Ansgar Konermann wrote:
Am 18.10.2011 13:28, schrieb Dirk Olmes:
I am aware of the <pluginManagement> section but fail to see if it would
help: I'd still have to list all the plugins to be executed in the
individual installer POMs.
True, but IMHO a lot better than specifying the whole plugin
configuration over and over again. This is probably the "low hanging
fruit" which you could harvest easily.

Not low enough for me :-)
The alternative would have been to write a custom generator for pom files.

Regarding your use case: do you have a) N products which need to be
packaged all in the same way or b) one product which has to be packaged
in N similar variants? Or where is the variation in your packaging
otherwise? What differs between the projects you're attempting to package?

It's more like a) - different products, same packaging. These products are all very similar since they sit on top of the same framework, though. The packaging process is always like this:

- use an assembly to put all of our classes from different child modules into one jar that's to be fed into proguard for obfuscation - generate the obfuscator config, this plugin resolves depencies and puts paths to third party jars into a template - use proguard to obfuscate only our classes - third party classes are open source anyway so there's little use in obfuscating them - use another assembly to package up all third party jars along with our obfuscated jar and some supporting resources like scripts etc. into a deployment zip - use yet another assembly to package up the deployment zip and an installer shell script into an installer.zip

All the installers we produce vary only in dependencies and in the contents of the various assemblies. The list of plugins and their configurations stays the same.

-dirk