> I'm tackling the topic on my blog in upcoming weeks.  The first thing
> I'm going to talk about is how Maven expects all dependencies to be
> handled via repositories, and how to make non-standard artifact types
> work like this, such as custom assemblies, etc.

Good stuff sir. I tip my hat to you.

I am wondering if it would be useful to put your work on a more official
central maven location?  Blogs are great but they tend to reflect the views of
a single individual. We almost need some kind of official maven wiki where we
can add things and have a few volunteers that could vet.