Hi Brian,

Let me express a big Thank You; this was a much-needed breath of fresh air, and I 100% agree with every single sentence in your posting.

This isn't going to change much about the technical issues, but you did a whole lot to restore my respect for the community that's building and maintaing Maven.
I wish you all the succes you need.
For what it may be worth :-)

I'll keep out of the (hopefully) ensuing discussion because that might distract some people.
Should anybody address me directly I'll stay available for answers.
I'll try to stay as neutral as possible in that case, not taking sides because I don't currently consider myself a part of the user community; if you want, I can run my answers by you to keep the flamage down.

Regards,
Jo

I haven't had time lately to follow a lot of the user list threads,