Again, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers so please do not take it
personally.  I really do like the concept of Maven and I am trying to get
it incorporated into our environment.  We also have people here that are
currently using Ant and are on 1.6 version. I think Maven is a next
natural step beyond Ant but getting people to switch from Ant 1.6 and move
back to something utilizing Ant 1.5.3 would make it harder for me to
convince people to switch.

Furthermore, as Ant continues to progress relying on an old version opens
up Maven to risk whether real or perceived.  The perception risk is Maven
uses old Ant = not current, not good.  Regardless of how well Maven may
function perception counts.

Regards,
Earl Hokens

312-322-4173 (desk)