Brett Porter wrote:
> I think you should just leave them out of your repository, and leave
> it up to Geronimo/Tomcat to deploy them into the repo (which they do
> now, I think).

Neither geronimo or tomcat has a properly named m2 repository yet.
They alos version the servlet.jar with their own versioning scheme (eg 5.0.28
from tomcat).

I really don't want Jetty to depend on either of these projects.
I also want the ability to modify the source of javax.servlet classes
if need be (this has been required in the past).

So I'd prefer to continue bundling the javax.servlet jars in the
jetty m2 repository.    It is named according to the m2 guidelines,
versioned corrected (as 2.4) and is under the jetty GroupId so there
is no confusion as to their source.

Ideally, I think apache should branch all the standard javax
stuff into a project of it's own.   That way tomcat, jetty and
geronimo would all be siblings and there would be no cross
dependancies and versioning could be correctly done.

cheers