It would be great if the likes of Spring / Hibernate and other mainstream
OSS vendors released new versions to Maven with all the POM's and direct
dependencies.  They themselves would benefit as the community would probably
have a faster take up of new technologies and therefore progress the
discovery and fixing of bugs and new functionality.