There's still a blocker on the surefire plugin (see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-20).

> For everything else you talk about - how much did Maven 1 actually do
> for you, and how much did you write in a Jelly script leveraging Ant?
> What's stopping you writing Maven 2 plugins to do that now?
>
> What I'm really trying to do here is investigate what is actually
> blocking people. The marking of importance in JIRA, and previously the
> amount of voting was pretty useless. I think these need to be improved
> so we can focus because there are such a large number of things to
> deal with.
>
> This is much more productive than general statements about whether the
> release is "production ready", because production is different for
> everyone,

I agree.

> and obviously we wouldn't have released it if we didn't
> think it was ready for production use. Certainly not perfect, but
> usable nonetheless. Even you voted for the release, Vincent :)

I don't agree here. It's much better not to repeat the Maven 1 experience
where we stayed at 0.9.x for several years!

It doesn't mean Maven 2.0 is production ready (whatever this means). It
simply means the internal development team thinks it's good enough to be
used (and I do agree fully with this statement). It's the users in the field
who decide if it's production-ready, not the development team IMO :-)

I'm the first to recommend people to switch to m2. But I'd like them to do
so knowing that they'll need to interact a lot with the development team,
ask lots of questions, possibly look at the code from time to time. They'll
benefit from the move but they must be prepared to spend some time too.

Thanks
-Vincent