Hello,

I use the eclipse plug in to generate the .classpath and .project files.
These work fine for all my submodules, but it doesn't generate these files for the top module.

How can I generate a .classpath file for the top project that contains all source-folders and dependencies of the submodules?

Regards,
Ingo
It's not possible to do this because this winds up with nested source directories and/or nested eclipse project folders, and eclipse will not allow it.

I agree that this is very annoying in eclipse: it seems to me as of now that if you have a parent POM project then you are unable to ever mount that in eclipse. I don't know a thing about eclipse project structure or anything relevant. I will mention that the Maven 2 module that plugs into Netbeans will handle this. And that plugin works seemingly nicely: you can simply open any POM folder in NetBeans as a project, and the IDE does not generate any of its own files -- no .netbeans folder or anything. The downside is that that plugin is riddled with odd problems: I can't "run file" or "compile single", and it always regurgitates the POM with your comments removed and with arbitrary formatting. So to me it's less ergonomic in the end than eclipse is -- since you have to edit the POM by hand for a lot of things the plugin doesn't support, but it keeps on reformatting everything on you.

Let me know if some of that didn't make sense! And tell me if you experience the same thing.

Good luck,
Steev Coco.