Hey Everbody,

Earlier I thought maven was not resolving dependencies
from ibiblio because java was installed as root.

So I reinstalled java, but maven is still not
resolving dependencies.

Maven downloads them fine.  I can see them in eclipse
after run mvn eclipse:eclipse and looking at libraries
it resolves via it's classpath settings.

But maven does see the library in the repository.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Ole

--- Ole Ersoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> It's actually a class from the Apache myfaces
> project
> and it is downloaded from ibiblio by maven using
> the standard dependency mechanism.
>
> So eclipse is loading the dependency
> from the local maven repository.
>
> For some reason Maven is not seeing the dependency
> in
> the repository.
>
> Thanks for the try though,
> - Ole
>
> --- Bruno Patini Furtado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > is UIComponentBase a class of yours? or for some
> JAR
> > of which you depend?
> >
> > Because if it is a class of your project you may
> > have put it outside the
> > standard maven directory for source code, and
> maven
> > is not compiling it.
> > Eclipse source folders and where maven expects to
> > find the sources are
> > places not related. Maven's compile plugin does
> not
> > read the Eclipse project
> > to gather information.
> >

> > On 5/16/06, Ole Ersoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm running Maven 2.0.3 and I'm having problems
> > > compiling.
> > >
> > > I first run the eclipse plugin and eclipse is
> able
> > > load the dependencies.
> > >
> > > I then attempt to install, and the maven
> compiler
> > > gives me messages like this:

/home/ole/workspaces/current/UIShowOneComponent/src/main/java/TestComponent.java:[1,29]
> > > package javax.faces.component does not exist

/home/ole/workspaces/current/UIShowOneComponent/src/main/java/TestComponent.java:[3,35]