On 8/8/06, Denis Cabasson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jeff Mutonho wrote:

> On 8/8/06, Stefan Magnus Landrø <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> properties normally go in the src\main\resources
>>
>> BTW, You seem to use a strange layout for your directories. Do you
really
>> want it to be that way?
>> Read Better builds with maven for the recommended dir. structure
>>
>> "
>

> Thats just the way the project is structured and am powerless to
> change it.

This is eclipse WTP directory layout.

You should really work the other way round: take maven's directory
structure
(far better), and create the eclipse descriptor with:
mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse

See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/wtp.html for more
details

Denis.

I understand that , that would work better but I do not have the liberty to
change the directory structure now to the maven structure.The war plugin in
document (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/adding-filtering-webresources.html
talk about specifying what it calls an external resource using the
<webResources>
   <resource>
    <directory>/path-to-external-directory</directory>

and then  under the section "Overriding the default destination directory of
a web resource") says it should be possible to specify what it calls an
external resource and override the target directory ie the directory where
you want the resources to be copied to , by specifying  <targetPath>
in my case  its <targetPath>WEB-INF/classes</targetPath>

I just don't understand why I won't work.

Jeff