Jeff Mutonho wrote:

> On 8/8/06, Denis Cabasson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Jeff Mutonho wrote:

>> really

>> > Thats just the way the project is structured and am powerless to
>> > change it.
>> >

>> This is eclipse WTP directory layout.
>>
>> You should really work the other way round: take maven's directory
>> structure
>> (far better), and create the eclipse descriptor with:
>> mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse
>>
>> See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/wtp.html for
>> more
>> details
>>
>> Denis.
>> --
>> Sent from the Maven - Users forum at Nabble.com.
>>

> I understand that , that would work better but I do not have the liberty
> change the directory structure now to the maven structure.The war plugin
> in
> document (
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/adding-filtering-webresources.html
> talk about specifying what it calls an external resource using the
> <webResources>
>     <resource>
>      <directory>/path-to-external-directory</directory>
>
> and then  under the section "Overriding the default destination directory
> of
> a web resource") says it should be possible to specify what it calls an
> external resource and override the target directory ie the directory where
> you want the resources to be copied to , by specifying  <targetPath>
> in my case  its <targetPath>WEB-INF/classes</targetPath>
>
> I just don't understand why I won't work.
>
> Jeff

webRessources, are ressources bundled in your war archive...

You should rather specify the build/ressources element in your POM to
include the correct ressources, and let the maven-war-plugin include those
ressources in your produced war.

Something like:
<build>
  <resources>
    <resource>
      <directory>WebContent/JavaSource</directory>
      <excludes>
        <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </resource>
  </resources>
</build>

That should work (alternatively, you can specify includes instead of
excludes tags).

Denis