From: Eric Redmond [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:18 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [POLL] Why switch to Maven?

On 8/29/06, EJ Ciramella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I second the horrible online documentation and add to that slow,
> unreliable support via the mailing list.
>
> I feel like m2 is great for small opensource projects with little to
no
> configurability.

I find this reason interesting since large, complex projects are
precicely
what Maven was created to manage. Does this feeling stems from Maven's
insistance on following a standard? What specific aspects of your
project
make it too complex to work in Maven? Can they be solved by breaking a
large
project into seperate smaller projects?