Jan Vissers wrote:

Maven's key strength is to say "don't worry about trying to build a jar /
war / ear / sync with eclipse / autorun tests / publish javadocs / etc /
etc, because I already know how to do that, you go and do what you do
best, work on the primary code".

I would like this approach very much, but...
have you tried to publish javadocs/jxr/surefire/pmd... etc
for a multimodule project in an aggregated fashion?

To me, the bigger picture of installing a long term effective build strategy is significantly more important than publishing aggregated reports, a problem likely to go away as soon as a bugfix is released.

I have also encountered significant problems with maven2, and have been quite critical about them, but the underlying design infrastructure underneath maven2 is sound, and this is very important for a project to be built on.

Regards,
Graham