Hello Remy,
 yes i actually managed to find a workaround
instead of using xdoclet plugin, i just created an ant task and invoked it
from maven .
here's my pom, should sort out also your problem  :)

first off, here are dependencies you need

<dependency>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-ejb-module</artifactId>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <version>1.2.3</version>
   <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-apache-module</artifactId>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <version>1.2.3</version>
   <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-jboss-module</artifactId>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <version>1.2.3</version>
   <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
       <artifactId>xdoclet-jmx-module</artifactId>
       <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
       <version>1.2.3</version>
       <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-web-module</artifactId>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <version>1.2.3</version>
   <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-xdoclet-module</artifactId>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <version>1.2.3</version>
   <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
       <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
       <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>
       <version>1.1</version>
       <type>jar</type>
   </dependency>

and then the plugin part
<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <executions>
               <execution>
                 <phase>package</phase>
                 <goals>
                   <goal>run</goal>
              </goals>
          <configuration>
        <tasks>
          <taskdef name="webdoclet" classname="
xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask">
               <classpath refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
           <classpath>
             <fileset dir="${jboss.libdir}\client">
                 <include name="jbossall-client.jar"/>
             </fileset>
           </classpath>
          </taskdef>
          <webdoclet destdir="xdoclet" mergedir="merge" verbose="true">

            <fileset dir="JavaSource" />
            <deploymentdescriptor
                 destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"
                useIDs="true"/>
            <strutsconfigxml validatexml="true" version="1.1"/>
            <webspherewebxml/>
            <jbosswebxml/>
          </webdoclet>
        </tasks>
          </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

hth, pls let me know if this still does not solve your problem

regards
marco