On 11/2/06, Mykel Alvis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Like it or not,
people read a lot of wikis, but rarely write to them.  They WILL, however,
provide their comments from the peanut gallery on a mailing list.
I'm currently looking at 1212 unread messages in my inbox from this list.
That's from the last few weeks when I've been swamped with work and haven't
had time to even go through the list to cull possible useful information.

Ahhh... but *some* people will use the wiki, once they know it exists.
If a bunch of people write on the mailing list, and several people
collect and organize that on the wiki, then we've got something.

(The final step, of pulling that information into the "official"
documentation, isn't as important IMO.  I consider the wiki a first
class citizen of the documentation, and would rather leave information
in a place where it can easily be updated.)

Note that I'm firmly in the "Docs need to be better" crowd now.  Since my
religion demands that I take responsibility for my life, I guess that means
that once I post this, I've got to go to the Maven user wiki and start doing
updates.

Anyone else that feels like it is welcome to join me there.

Welcome!

--
Wendy