Wendy Smoak on 02/11/06 22:34, wrote:
On 11/2/06, Sebastien Brunot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I meant by "it" was the comment mechanism.

Right... it doesn't exist yet, we need to design it.

The comment mechanism can be a wiki where the public can only add at the bottom of the page, and the contributors are the ones who sort out the wheat from the chaff occasionally to enhance each page from its comments.

Earlier, I asked, "Any ideas on how to present that as an option?

It's done at mysql[1], php and someone said Hibernate and I think Drupal. But my quick investigation there didn't show anything. Check out mysql though. Perhaps their documentation publishing framework is OS.

What would the menu link be called?  How should the pages on the wiki
be organized?"

I think the whole maven documentation website should be wiki-commentated (is that the correct verb here??)

So each plugin remains as it is except the wiki-commentary can be appended to the bottom of every page.

I think that any plugin that makes it onto repo.maven.org should get its docs site on the website too, at least for the releases.

regards
Adam

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/linux-rpm.html