Hi,
The reason for I thinking about not having version component in the
<dependency> tag might result in a better version control in terms of
same version being used across the different modules of the project.
Though not very sure if I am genuine enough when I think that.

Actually when I want to avoid dependency versions, I want to do it in
context of an individual project(irrespective of chil-parent
relationship).My question was that for instance if I am using
commons-logging in my dependency
<dependencies>
<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
<version>1.0.4</version>
<dependencies>

Is there a way around to avoid the version component so that the
latest version gets fetched from the repository? And as Wayne pointed
out , is it a good thing to think about?

Regards,
Amit