There are a couple of bugs in maven-idea-plugin when running under cygwin. These have been addressed in the upcoming 2.2 version of the plugin. You can try the current 2.2-SNAPSHOT if you want to verify that it works for you.

kace wrote:
I am using version 7 and it worked fine once I imported it through IDEA -
thanks. I have a folder structure
module 1
  - module a
  - module b
module 2
  - module c
  - module d

when I run the command mvn idea:idea through the command line(cygwin) it
gives me the right project structure but then I have the problem I mentioned
previously.  Running it through IDEA gives me the following structure:

module 1
module a
module b
module 2
module c
module d

does anyone know how I can get the desired structure for my project - either
through running it within IDEA or how to fix the problem the command line
produces?

Regards,
..kace

--