Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for that reply.
Yes, I have a workflow in ANT (with CVS), which asks the user whether he
wants a timestamp or a version build. With that as a mindset, I was looking
on Maven. You have identified it right that Maven has its own stuff when it
comes to versioning the builds.

We are trying to migrate from ANT-CVS to Maven-SVN. :), and as far as
possible, retain the workflow that's in place with ANT system, so that the
people taking builds o maven, will feel at home ;).

I think the release plugin already has everything for the
versioning/tagging.
Any comments?