The easiest way is to split your sources into separate maven modules.
If you have 1600 classes, this imho makes sense anyway!

I (personally) mean, if a project is _that_ fat, then a modularisation would
help to better understand the whole application. Each modules should have their
own unit tests, etc. Simply, the whole bunch of straight forward computer
engineering rules one learns in university.

LieGrü,
strub