To: <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [m2] What triggers attempt to download from: http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository ?

Forgot to mention: I'm using maven 2.0.9 :

Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_07
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.24-19-generic" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

Dan Rollo wrote:
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious (and I did search the list archives without success).

I have the following pom.xml defined for a project that depends on the activation.jar. I could only find that jar published on the maven 1 repo on java.net.

I deleted my local .m2 repo (to make sure I didn't botch the repo/dependency configs), and I ran: mvn clean package site While maven is downloading all the needed plugins/deps, in the middle of the download, it starts trying to use: http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/
for only some jars.
The download gets stuck on these for a long time (I assume until something times out).

So I have a couple questions:

1. Why are only SOME downloads hitting: http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/ when those same items exist in the normal central repo (and when I never define the cvs.apache.org repo anywhere)?

2. Any idea how I can workaround this issue to avoid these long download delays?

I tried also re-defining the "central" repo in my pom before the jsvs.net.m1 repo (hoping that might always force checking of "central" before any other repo). Didn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks,
Dan