On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Dan Rollo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1. Why are only SOME downloads hitting:
> http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/
> when those same items exist in the normal central repo (and when I never
> define the cvs.apache.org repo anywhere)?
>
> 2. Any idea how I can workaround this issue to avoid these long download
> delays?

Unfortunately, your dependencies can introduce repositories to your build.

You can use mirrors in your settings.xml, specifically the
<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> section, to prevent Maven contacting extra
repos that show up.  See if this helps:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

(It's not coming from the Apache parent pom-- the section that was
quoted is actually from distributionManagement, which controls where
Maven publishes to, not where it retrieves from.  I can tell from the
scp:// url.)

--
Wendy