Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand what you mean by "comment it out"? Where exactly would I comment it out?

I don't have any settings.xml, nor any reference to that repo in my pom.xml. If the repo is referenced in "one of the master poms", how/where can I comment that out?

Dan

Subject: Re: [m2] What triggers attempt to download from: http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository ?
To:
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

Dan
Its a repository located in one of the master poms e.g. apache-1.pom

   <snapshotRepository>
     <id>apache.snapshots</id>
     <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>

<url>scp://minotaur.apache.org/www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
   </snapshotRepository>

feel free to comment it out

Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Rollo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>