Our CI server doesn't support running separate command lines when using
maven, it wants a list of goals.

Regarding the release plugin, we do/will use this but that's exclusively for
releases we are just doing snapshot builds at the moment.  I have however,
had good success with the release plugin generating sites.

-Dave