The error dialog indeed doesn't appear in Firefox, though would it if
Firebug wasn't installed?  There doesn't appear to be any sort of error
when running in Firefox - all I see in the Firebug console are POST
messages as expected.

I haven't looked at the current 1.0.2 codebase, but does it contain the
change as outlined by Andrew for this?  I guess I'd like to update to it
if possible, because I can't see our users having to put up with
dismissing this error.

Alternately, how might I go about finding the cause of the error message
in IE?

Shawn