Hi Thomas,

What you have encountered here is a known design problem of JSF 2.0.
Currently we (the MyFaces team) are working hard to get all of this
fixed for the JSF 2.1 specification, because - as you know - this
stuff is really annoying and makes composite components unusable in
the most scenarios.

Sorry, but that is all we can do right now. Fortunately the JSF 2.1
spec release will be very soon!

Regards,
Jakob