Hi Jakob,

I wanted to design the following composite component (a panel with two
buttons):

<my:buttonPanel button1="#{myBean.button1}" button2="#{myBean.button2}" />

where "#{myBean.button1}" and "#{myBean.button2}" are instances of
SimpleModel. For the button  expression should apply: If it evaluates to
null the button is disabled, if not SimpleModel.myaction() will be executed.

Therefore I wanted to express with the following composite component
attribute declaration:

<cc:attribute name="button1" type="SimpleModel" >
    <cc:attribute name="myaction" targetAttributeName="action"
targets="button" />
</cc:attribute>

that the attribute "myaction" of the instance maps to the action of the
button. I guess that it does not work even with JSF 2.1 because it is a
nested attribute declaration.