Did you ever say something you really regretted?

I really regret saying that I strongly preferred JUL over SL4J on the
logging vote two years back[1].

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200906.mbox/%3c8f985b960906060447g30bb216ew62102b39be2a1...@mail.gmail.com%3E

I am currently using the SLF4JBridgeHandler for JUL during
development, and incurring the performance hits.

Barring other events, my plans are to default back to JUL logging for
production.

How are other people handling this?  I know at the time of the
discussion many people were switching to SL4J or still using log4j or
JCL, all of which would have the same performance issues.

Is it time to revisit our logging yet again, now that we know the
theoretical flexibility of JUL didn't live up to the practical reality
of using it?

slf4j and myfaces
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200906.mbox/%3c2332f63b0906050818q6c74e615u2edc7cc2ec9f5...@mail.gmail.com%3E

[VOTE] jul instead of commons-logging
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200906.mbox/%3c2332f63b0906091132y10cd0dadu4eb4a36dda6ae...@mail.gmail.com%3E

[VOTE] use of jul or commons logging on myfaces core 2.0
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200910.mbox/%3cf6c92360909301905g104297a5m3bba5fb3d057...@mail.gmail.com%3E

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2378