hi alexey,

#1 is supported by [1]
and
#2 is supported by [2]

extval started with [1] and [2] was added later on (once bv was finished).
extval itself doesn't force specific constraint-rules (-> it was possible
to support #1 with [1]).
however, since [2] delegates most parts to the bv-implementation of your
choice and bv forces specific constraint-rules, [2] can't support #1.
(fyi: a jpa-provider can support #2 as well)

regards,
gerhard

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/validator/trunk/validation-modules/property-validation/